Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The road to the half marathon

Adrienne and I did it. We signed up for the Martian Half Marathon on April 1st. Note, neither of us have run more than 3 miles at a time in a long, long, long time. We figure registering for a race might be just the thing to get us running longer distances over the next twelve weeks. I even found a good training schedule that, after one day, we have stuck to religiously. It seems like quite the challenge for us novices, so if you have any suggestions on how to accomplish our goal (new shoes? longer runs? cross training?), comments are much appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Way to join the world of "OK, I need to study.....but maybe I'll blog first". Welcome, you're among friends :)

I'll put a link to your blog on my blog!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

Glad to see someone outside of my band friends blogging now!

As for marathon advice... Make sure you get a good pair of shoes. Look for a store that watches your stride and recommends the right shoe. And don'tsettle for shoes that don't feel perfect when you run. I still think something was wrong with the left shoe of the pair I bought and that's why my knee started hurting.

You're more active than I am anyways, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first blogging experience, so everyone get excited!! Have nothing funny to say, however.

Steph, how's that whole 21 days of health thing going?

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home