Sunday, December 16, 2007

Party time

Work slowed down for me a bit late this week, and I had the weekend all to myself. For the first time in weeks, I didn't do any work all weekend long. And Matt and I threw a spectacular holiday party. We had nearly forty guests, and Matt made amazing appetizers including some macaroni and cheese bites, some curry wings and open-faced crab empanadas. I didn't do quite as much for the party, but I made my mom's famous fudge and also whipped up a batch of shockingly potent peppermint martinis. We got all sorts of gifts from friends: wine, ornaments, candle holders, and a beautiful snow globe. The gifts are spread all around our house now... along with many used wine, martini and rocks glasses that we really need to clean sometime soon.

Here are a few pictures from the night... I hope everyone out there had a great weekend, too!


Matt, Dan and Dave toasting. You can't see it here, but Dan split his pants and we got to tape them up.

Girl's night: party time!

Clay looking jolly as Chrissy chats and Piran sticks a hat on his head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

Wow, sounds like you had an awesome party. We should totally move to Chicago so I could join your festive gatherings (though, that doesn't seem too likely). I bet you guys had lots of fun!

8:02 AM  
Blogger B said...

hey that looked like fun! Yay for not working!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The party was great -- but it would have been better if all of you were here, too!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home