Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The scale is ALL off

I've been trying to lose weight lately, doing my best to work out and eating healthily (and not quite so much). If I'm going to get skinny sometime, it might as well be for my wedding day, right?

The problem is the scale. I could weigh myself five times in thirty seconds and my weight would vary by five or ten pounds between weighs. This weekend, after our trip to Las Vegas, the scale was at its worst. According to the scale, I gained TWENTY-TWO pounds during the weekend. Three days? Twenty-two pounds? I mean, I know I splurged at the breakfast buffet, but that much gain was INconceivable.

So when Matt was out running errands today, he kindly bought us a fancy new $40 scale. I was pretty nervous when we got it out of the box. Was the old scale going to be right on? Even worse: was I going to weigh more?

I tapped on the scale, waited for it to zero out, made Matt avert his eyes, and stepped on the new shiny surface. Result? Definitely good news. It turns out I weigh 15 pounds less than I ever thought I weighed and a whopping 37 pounds less than I thought on Monday.

PHEW. Now I am left to wonder, if we had bought the $80 scale, would I weigh even less?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home