Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What I'm Watching

Anyone who knows me knows that I love television, maybe more than is good for me. However, this year, I've had to narrow down my tv watching - things are a little busy here in Ann Arbor with classes, work and wedding planning. Here's what I'm watching:

Project Runway - I began watching Project Runway last season with my friend Mary, who has sadly moved to Seattle. Now, I've got a new group to watch with: Mer, Alex, Fiance Matt and Alison. They're coming over tomorrow night to watch last week's episode (we missed it - don't tell me what happened!) and the reunion show. The show is fun even if you aren't big on design or clothes, though half of the time, the judges and I completely disagree as to which designs are good and which are terrible. The four contestants left have all been pretty good, but my call is on Michael to win. Laura makes the same cocktail dress everytime; Uli makes the same flowy patterned dress everytime; Jeffrey makes weird stuff that I would never wear.

The Amazing Race - My favorite show on TV, hands down. It serves as a sort of travel show for me and Matt, too - since it started three weeks ago, they have gone to China, Mongolia and Vietnam. Everytime we watch we get new ideas for our honeymoon. The cast this season is great and mostly likeable. If you aren't watching the show, you should start.

Gilmore Girls - Okay, it's a sentimental favorite. It's not that good anymore, and I'm entirely frustrated by Luke and Lorelai's breakup and Lorelai being with Christopher, but I can't tear myself away. I've been watching the show since the first season. Now I'm just waiting it out until it's cancelled.

College football - College football is on in my house every Saturday, regardless of the game. I just spread my books out in front of me, go to work and enjoy the sounds of a great sport in the background.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - This show is new this season. So far, it's pretty good. The characters seem well written and they've got some good actors. I try to stick around on Monday nights to catch it, but wouldn't be heartbroken if I missed it. Worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhm we watch the same shows :)
I know about GG, I was totally bummed by the break up, the timing just seemed wrong for Christopher to come back into the picture.
B

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home