Friday, October 20, 2006

It's been awhile, again.

Since I last updated, much has happened.

On the wedding front: I met my mom in Chicago and went shopping for a wedding dress. We found one that was absolutely lovely, and shockingly, was the cheapest one I tried on! We bought it and I'm so excited. We went out to dinner with my friend Em, who I hadn't seen since her wedding a few weeks ago. She's positively glowing - clearly married life suits her! (Or maybe it was her Hawaii honeymoon tan.) Also, Matt and I booked a photographer and a DJ. Our photographer is terrific - friendly, a great photographer at a good price, and willing to spend the whole day with us! Gary, our DJ, is also terrific. He was recommended by the country club, and his claims to fame include DJing for John Stamos and Dave Coulier. Hehe. How could we not book him?

On other fronts, I visited Mom's side of the family in Cedar Falls and had a great reunion dinner at the Brown Bottle. Matt passed the bar (can't remember if I mentioned it before - either way, wahoo!). We had friends Heather and Dan over for dinner, and Matt put together a delicious dinner including pumpkin soup and beet "ravioli". We went out to the dinners I mentioned a post ago - Chop House and Real Seafood Company. The Chop House was delicious as usual. The Real Seafood Company disappointed me but not Matt - my fish was completely unseasoned and plain, and the rice underneath was drenched in soy sauce. His seafood cakes were better. Alison, Meredith, Alex, Matt and I watched the finale of Project Runway and were shocked but not too disappointed when Jeffrey won. His collection was surprisingly good (and Michael's, our previous favorite, was shockingly disappointing and tacky).

I'm sure I'm missing dozens of things, but that's all the scoop I can think of right now. Bethany and Eric are coming to visit for the weekend and will be here in a couple hours; brownies are already in the oven to welcome them. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home