Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Restful New Years

For the first time in a few years, I had no big plans for New Years. I finished up a seminar paper, sending it in to the professor at 4 p.m., and then Matt and I snuggled onto the couch for a relaxing evening. We watched the Miami/Nevada football game, made a good Indian dinner (okay, Matt made the dinner, but I ate it), caught up with a few friends by phone, played three games of cribbage (Matt 2, me 1), watched some of his new Family Guy dvd and watched a bit of a movie, too. We weren't nearly as drunk as the friends that called us (I'm thinking of you, Flan!) but we had a great evening.

Today, we did a little shopping at the mall with gift certificates and returned a few errant gifts. Matt shared his Williams-Sonoma gift card with me and I got this, the dorkiest item in Williams-Sonoma. (Yet I'm in love with it. Come over for the ND game and I'll make something with it for YOU.) This afternoon, I caught up with my mom on the phone while Matt made a delicious spicy Thai beef soup, and then we dedicated ourselves to more football watching and cribbage playing. (Again, Matt 2, me 1.) Since the Blue didn't win, all I can leave you with is a little "Go Irish!" for Wednesday's (slightly scary) game against LSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home