Saturday, December 22, 2007

Our "first" "Christmas"

Tonight we had our first Christmas as a married couple. We spent the day relaxing, watching movies and old episodes of the Wire, making our first curry and doing a little last minute Christmas/grocery shopping. Then we settled in with a bottle of wine, dinner, and a huge pile of Christmas presents! We opened gifts from my mom, a few from friends and Matt's mom, and then a bunch from each other. Matt and I set reasonably rigorous spending limits for one another -- under $100 -- and we both impressed the other with the gifts we found. Matt got me a pair of Wellington boots, some cozy socks, slippers and foot lotion, a page-a-day calendar of grammatical fun facts for my desk, and a lot of snacking candy. I got Matt a pair of leather gloves (super on sale at Macy's), a sweater and socks (ok, a little boring) and a ticket to see the Blue Man Group. The cats also celebrated with catnip toys from my mom, snacks from Meg, and a new water bubbler from us. Now we're going to relax, pack, and go to bed early so we can fly off tomorrw morning!

P.S. The title is a shout-out to one of my favorite blogs, the "blog" of "unnecessary" quotations. These, however, are necessary. This was not really Christmas, and it was not actually our first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home