Sunday, June 22, 2008

An ode to the tan MnM

I just realized I have no clue how to properly type M-n-M. M & M? M and M? Em and mmm?

The other day, in a fit of late night hunger at the office, I purchased a pack of these lovely candies at the vending machine down the hall. As usual, I dumped them out and started sorting them by color, and then began eating them one by one until I had an even number of colors. (Is that weird? I kind of assume everyone does that, but the more I learn about other people, the more I realize how strange I may be.)

While I enjoy the lovely spectrum made by the red, orange, yellow, green, blue and brown candies, I miss the old colors. For those of you who don't remember, the old M & Ms didn't have a blue -- they had a tan instead. And when you emptied those candies onto the counter, they always looked a little strange. Red, orange, yellow, green... tan and brown? But something about it just seemed right. My new M & Ms look so balanced and proper. I miss the tan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

I do that! I dump a few into my hand and eat the most numerous colors first, until there is an even number of colors. Then I eat my least favorite colors (or flavor if it's Skittles) first working towards my most favorite color. Maybe we're both weird :-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger B said...

I do it too but we know I'm weird :)
I also sometimes miss the tan color maybe it is nostalgia for childhood?

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear other people are like me too :)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home