Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthday part 1

Last night Matt threw an amazing birthday party for me. Matt's parties have always been themed, and this year was no exception. The Southern party Matt created was amazing (thanks to a lot of help from his menu consultant Rebecca).

If you go arund the table clockwise starting from the bottom center, we had pickles, hush puppies, mini pecan pies, devilled eggs, a birthday cake and brownies, mini macaroni and cheeses, and two types of pulled pork sandwiches (bbq and cider vinegar). The food was delicious!

Chrissy made a gorgeous cake. Isn't that weaving on the side lovely?

The girls at the party, and me with my new swingy haircut. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture, but it's very Katie Holmes/Posh Spice. I wasn't sure how I liked it (got it yesterday morning), but there were enough raves last night that I decided it must be alright.


Me and my handsome husband!
My real birthday isn't actually 'till Monday, and we have a lot of celebrations planned between now and then. A couple of dinners out, a lunch with my coworkers, and indulgence all around. I love birthdays :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Happy Birthday!! I miss the birthday parties at State St.--all that amazing food and it looks like Matt did it again this year! Have a wonderful birthday and I hope to see you soon.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Happy Birthday, Burum! I like the haircut, too.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Yes, I really love the hair! I was thinking that before I even saw your comment about it.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home