Friday, April 21, 2006

Approaching finals doom

Finals are quickly approaching, which is a little worrisome. I don’t feel like I’m ready at all. However, I got to take a break from preparations yesterday when I took a road trip down to South Bend to see my little sister Jocelyn in Richard III. She gave a flawless performance as Richard III’s mother… her newly grayed hair aged her just enough for the role.

Before her performance, old friend Chris, his girlfriend Jen, her sister Mary Catherine and I went out to dinner in Mishawaka at the Main Street Grille. Chris was the recipient of a gift certificate so we were all treated to great food – we had a baked brie appetizer that was totally scrumptious. I had pecan roasted walleye with amaretto butter, accompanied by a glass of Estancia Pinot Noir. No time for dessert, as I had to get back to campus for the play.

After the play, I met up with Andrea, a high school friend who is now attending Notre Dame Law. We meandered around the campus a little bit and met up with Jos for some coffee. Just after 11 I hopped in my car to make the three hour trek back to Ann Arbor. Thanks to a lot of caffeine, some good music and some phone calls to friends on the west coast (Hi Andrew! Hi Joe!), I made it home safely just after two. Boyfriend Matt sweetly fell asleep with the light on and a book in his hand waiting for my return.

(Aww!)

Today, I am enjoying my last day of work at the hospital until the fall. I finished up my last research project; my last job is to clean out my cubicle and say goodbye for the summer. This afternoon, I’ll drop Boyfriend Matt off at the airport for his trip home, and then I’ll hit the books. Hope your weekends involve less studying than mine

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on all of your finals! I know you will do well.
B

6:40 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

Wait a second... You called your "friends on the West Coast" and didn't call me?

I see where I stand.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home