Sunday, March 19, 2006

Not-so-Cinderella

Unfortunately, the shoes don't fit. Not the gorgeous Steve Maddens from Thursday's entry - but my brand spanking new running shoes. For my birthday, Meredith and Alex gave me an incredibly generous gift: a gift certificate to Running Fit, a great store in Ann Arbor. I've had the same running shoes for more than a year now and they're pretty darn flat. With the race less than two weeks away, I figured I should finally redeem the certificate!

I got lovely new Asics, all shiny and clean and white and incredibly cushy. Wore them around the house on Friday night while ministering to sick Boyfriend Matt (he caught The Death I had last week). Yesterday I took them on their inaugural run: a ten miler with Adrienne. Within half a mile, I felt the pain in my arches. I had to walk a few times during the run just to save my feet from spontaneously catching on fire.

Now I have had a day to recover from the run and the shoes, but the blisters aren't gone. Thank goodness for having a couple of days off running and for Roommate Jenny being prepared with a giant box of bandaids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

oh no! A bad shoe fit is a bad nightmare.....hope you find a great pair before your race. And way to go on running 10 miles! My ass isn't that motivated :)

And thanks for the comments on my blog--sorry I've been slacking on the responses: I'm a dork for many, many reasons ;)

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home