Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Did I catch a niner in there?

Yes, you did! Adrienne and I finished our penultimate long run (that is, before we run the race). We completed nine miles together yesterday, in 20+ mile an hour winds. It was slow going but we only walked once for a few short blocks. When we finished we were incredibly thirsty and also inordinately proud of ourselves.

I haven't posted in a week or so because I have had The Death. For a few days I was convinced my head was going to explode. My throat was scratchy, my nose was stuffed and I was constantly coughing. My remedies included skipping running, classes, bowling and other social activities, taking a day off of my job, sleeping, drinking tons of water and taking various Cold/Cough/Flu/Sinus drugs. I still have a residual cough and sniffle, but I'm a lot better than I was a week ago. And thank goodness, because my feeling better-ness allowed Boyfriend Matt and I to play good hosts to Pearsall and Jen, who came to town for the weekend. On Saturday night the four of us had dinner at the Blue Nile. This was my first time eating Ethiopian food. It was pretty good - all you can eat, including six or seven different kinds of vegetables (half of which were different types of lentils) and four meats. We ate all of the food sans silverware, substituting a thin spongy bread to keep our hands clean. We enjoyed our dinner with an Ethiopian honey wine. After dinner, we took a walk down Main Street and stopped at La Dolce Vita for dessert. We proceeded to Leopold's for a few drinks and a couple of games of Euchre (Boyfriend Matt and Chris won in a close game - 11-9) and Nineties Trivial Pursuit (Boyfriend Matt and I won in another close game). The night ended with a stop at Ryan Roman's beautiful apartment, for a party much classier than the ones we usually host.

The next morning we went for breakfast at Zanzibar before Chris and Jen headed out to meet up with other friends and to explore the town. My chilequiles breakfast was pretty good, though I expected the chorizo to be spicier!

Since Chris and Jen left, I have done a lot of work for the general counsel's office, have helped plan a health law talk at the law school and have tried to catch up on all of my readings. And, of course: I ran nine miles with Adrienne! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home