Sunday, February 26, 2006

Truly golden birthday

My golden birthday was this weekend; I turned 25 on the 25th! Since Boyfriend Matt was in Vegas, I had the opportunity to celebrate with a number of other awesome people. :-) There’s really nothing like seeing old friends. They remind you of who you have been, and who you’ve become, and frankly, all of my old friends are fantastic people so it is just fun to spend time with them!

On Friday Emily and I enjoyed an evening of dinner, the Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan version, natch), Trader Joe’s almond champagne and brownies. On Saturday I got to hang out with Adam, another ND pal. We had a great dinner out and played a few board games – I won our game of Scrabble, and he and his friend Scott both schooled me in Trivial Pursuit. Today I made my way to Chicago for my evening flight to Fort Lauderdale, and luckily had enough time to get lunch with Patrick at Uncle Julio’s Hacienda. I had a chile cheese relleno (a green pepper stuffed with cheese, battered and fried and topped with peppers and onions) that was quite yummy. Patrick generously offered to store my car and drive me to the airport, saving me the $50 parking fee I would have incurred otherwise. Now I’m just recharging my laptop in the airport lounge and waiting to board my flight to Fort Lauderdale! Hope y’all are having great spring breaks, wherever you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Happy Birthday Steph!! I owe you a birthday drink when you get back to AA. Have an amazing break and I'll see you soon.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home