Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wish List

I always thought it would be cool if you could have a life registry. The gift registry itself is a very nifty thing. It's a socially acceptable way for you to tell everyone exactly what you want, and it's a convenient way for them to buy you something that they know you'll appreciate. It would have been especially useful at Christmas, when I was trying to buy gifts for Best Friends Meg, Jill and Bethany. At another time in my life I saw these gals daily and knew exactly what they wanted or needed for the birthdays. Now, though we keep in touch, I don't have a clue. I don't see their apartments regularly enough to know what funky art print will match their bedspread, or whether or not they have a good martini shaker. I end up getting gifts for them that are nice but not as tailored as they could be.

The problem is, the gift registry seems to have caught on in only two situations: for weddings and for babies. I don't plan to have a wedding or a baby anytime soon, so this puts me - and most of my friends - in a bit of a crunch.

However, Boyfriend Matt (who has often spoke of wanting a life registry) discovered the Wish List feature on Froogle, a Google feature. Intrigued, I made a Wish List for myself earlier today. I understand how rough it can be to want to buy a friend a gift, but not know what to get. Here's hoping I can alleviate your struggles. ;-) If all else fails, this list will help remind me what I should buy myself if I win the lottery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home