Thursday, February 16, 2006

Party prep is starting

Boyfriend Matt is already deep in preparations for the birthday bash he is throwing for me on Saturday, and I can't wait. If it's anything like last year's party, it will be a blast. Last year was an awesome mix of old friends and new friends, great food and fine drinks (except the flaming 151 shots! those were unnecessary!). We did our first round of grocery shopping on Tuesday; he is out looking for the harder-to-find items right now while I prepare for my Evidence midterm tomorrow. Cooking will be a three day process that begins tonight.

For New Year's, I made a myriad of resolutions. Some are harder to keep than others. The first, which was "work out regularly", has actually gone quite well thanks to Adrienne's and my decision to train for the half marathon and the rock climbing classes. The second, a more vague "look nice" has been tougher. I realize that as I transition into the real world, I need to cut back on my uniform of jeans and t-shirts. I should wear proper make-up regularly (always a struggle). I should do my hair nicely, avoiding ponytails. Maybe I shouldn't wear flip flops all winter.

At the beginning of the semester, looking nice was kind of fun. I felt good about myself, partially because of all the compliments I received. (Thanks, guys!) However, it's not as fun to dress up anymore. It's hard work. Heels hurt my feet. My hair takes timeto tame. Skirts in the winter? Too cold. Maybe making the change will be easier in the summer, when I don't have the option to wear jeans to work. Who knows. I'll keep working on it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home