Monday, February 06, 2006

It's been awhile!

It's been awhile! You wouldn't think a brand-new-blogger would neglect her brand-new-blog for so long, but if she were busy, she might. On Thursday, I bowled my worst game in recent years. Hopefully, this is because I am adjusting to my very own brand new bowling ball (an early birthday present/late Christmas present from my friend Nolan - thanks Nolan!). My thumb kept getting stuck in the ball, and presumably the two drinks at bar night beforehand didn't help much. After four frames, I had an eleven. An eleven!! No good.

On Friday night, Matt and I got all gussied up and celebrated our two year anniversary with dinner at the Earle Uptown. His review is about the same as mine: pretty good food, a few standouts (I loved the stuffed artichoke and the Puree d'Haricots) but a bit too expensive to go back.

Saturday was a dreary day of movie watching, shopping, errands, a bit of reading and an early bedtime. On Sunday, Adrienne and I dragged ourselves out of bed and went on a five mile run despite the fresh snow and slush covering the streets and sidewalks. It was slow, but we finished the whole thing and felt pretty good about it. The rest of the day was spent reading, getting a pair of eyeglasses (an early birthday present from Dad - thanks, Dad!) and attending a couple of Super Bowl parties. Mom suggested that I take a terrific edible contribution to the parties - a large pan of green jello decorated with cool whip to look like a football field. Easy and fun. I was cheering for the Steelers, since I don't think Lisa or Ryan would have given me any other choice, so I was happy with the result of the game. One for the thumb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home