Friday, January 20, 2006

An update

The last couple of days have been busy and I haven’t had an opportunity to write! Since this was last updated, I ran with Adrienne again (our last 3 mile run before our ‘short runs’ get upgraded to 3.5 miles). Boyfriend Matt made a delicious spicy vegetable soup that we enjoyed with Roommate Jenny last night. Roommate Jenny surprised me by coming home from the mall with a bag full of shirts from Forever 21, for me! I wore one of them out to bar night and bowling last night.

Speaking of bowling, our team is -1 original member again this semester. Elizabeth and I are now the only original members; we are joined by Dave (who bowled an awesome 193 last night) and Elizabeth’s boyfriend, Jake. We rocked our first games of the season – though our first game resulted in a tie, we won our third game by 153 points! We also got our highest team score ever recorded, 553 points. It so happens that my office is having its holiday party today at the same bowling alley. Thank goodness Rachael (subbing for Meredith) will also be there. It’s awesome to have a friend during these types of events.

Tonight is the third meeting of the supper club, which consists of Mary, Jeremy, Meredith, Alex, Matt and me. For those of you not familiar with the concept, one couple hosts the dinner party. That couple plans the menu and then farms out a few of the recipes to the attendees. I love it for a number of reasons: it means you cook stuff you wouldn’t normally cook, you save a little money by distributing the costs of dinner to everyone, and of course, you get to have dinner with some of your favorite people. Dinner tonight will be Italian food in honor of Mary and Jeremy’s Christmas holiday in Italy. Matt and I are responsible for making Cheese Crostini with Anchovy Herb Butter and Beef Crostini with Red Pepper Mayonnaise. I can’t wait. Hope y’all have a similarly wonderful evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home