Thursday, March 30, 2006

46 hours and counting…

Runner Friend Adrienne and I have been training for months. Actual, multiple months! And in two days (46 hours to be exact), we will be hitting the pavement to complete our very first half marathon. I am nervous as heck. The last few weeks have been tough for running – my legs are starting to get tired out and my feet are covered in blisters from a poorly thought-out decision to wear my brand new shoes on a ten-mile run.

So to encourage myself, the next two days will be as stress free as possible. Tonight, Boyfriend Matt is throwing a carbo-loading pasta party for RFAdrienne, myself and the other people who are running one of the Martian Marathon races on Saturday. I am looking forward to spending the afternoon cooking with him, which is always an adventure and usually a lot of fun. I will bowl tonight, and I’ve taken Friday off work (both the mail delivery and the hospital clerking) to allow me to sleep in and relax. I have one class to attend, and then I’ll be free as a bird. Tomorrow night, BFMatt and I will go to pick up my race packet. Afterwards, we’ll drive to Detroit to have dinner and attend an art show with Jeremy and Mary – Jeremy’s awesome computer chip art will be on display. Afterwards, we’ll head back to our hotel in Livonia. When I finally mapquested the distance between the hotel and the race (18 minutes) and Ann Arbor and the race (37 minutes) I realized that getting a hotel for the night was probably a little silly and wasteful… but I refuse to cancel. It will be fun to have a night away from home and to be able to relax in a hot tub.

I’ll update again after the race on Saturday. Unlike my speedy runner friends, Alex and Meredith, 13 miles may take me three (or more!) hours, but I’m pretty excited to be able to do it at all. Leave a good luck comment – or a good racing suggestion! – I could use both. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

Congrats! You've made it farther than I did. I think I was at 10 miles in my training before my knee decided it didn't want to play along any more.

Good luck this weekend!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know you will do a great job!
B

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home