Thursday, April 27, 2006

Zen? I don't think so.

I have been unreasonably stressed and cranky tonight. After relaxing with Thai, tv, wine, Boyfriend Matt, his Roommate Mike and Bederman's "International Law Frameworks", I still hadn't calmed down. I came home and attempted to make a game plan for restabilizing and then falling asleep.

Pre-bed brownie? Check.
Cleansing face wash routine? Check.
Fresh sheets on bed? Check.
Sheets sprayed with lavender? Check.
Nice lavender eye mask from Boyfriend Matt, chilled? Check.

Before I got into bed, I remembered the package sent by my summer employer and looked through it one more time, uncovering a miniature Zen Rock Garden. I assembled the garden (read: put sand in box the size of a credit card) and decided to fiddle with it a little, thinking this would be the key to establishing Zen-ness.

Turns out that this little garden is not the key to Zen at all. I've been using the teeny rake, trying to make the pretty lines that they show in the brochure, for at least 15 minutes. I can't do it. I keep messing up and ending up with giant piles of sand in the middle of the box. Am I that stressed, that I can't effectively master a miniature Zen Garden with three parts (sand, rocks, rake)? Sheesh.

Here's hoping things calm down a bit after exams are over!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the sand isn't for you. :) Find what works for you, baths, lavander whatever and focus on that, forget the garden. Besides it is just sand in a box, there can really be no wrong answers! Good luck with the studying, soon you will be back to your bubbly self!
Love
B

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home