Sunday, May 07, 2006

Boyfriend Matt graduates!

Sorry that it's been awhile since the updates - frankly, I've been doing too much celebrating to write! Here's the rundown: Wednesday night was a fantastic last dinner party with the group. Boyfriend Matt's sister and brother-in-law arrived on Thursday night. We went to a delicious dinner at Rush Street, and then they dropped us off at Rick's for a night of excessive partying. (Pictures from that night of some of your favorite Michigan law students are here.) The next morning, I got to see Seattle Joe and his wife for an early breakfast at Cafe Zola. The rest ofBoyfriend Matt's family arrived later that day, along with my mom. We had an introductory dinner at Champion House and came back to my apartment to open presents, eat cake and drink champagne.

Saturday was the actual graduation. It was so emotional to see Matt, my roommate and some of my closest friends and classmates walk across the stage. It was one of the few times that I regretted getting a joint degree - during the ceremony, I desperately wanted to be a part of the celebration.

After graduation, we headed to the reception in the quad (some pictures posted here). We met up with Mary and Jeremy for dinner at Palio with our family members and then caught a quick drink at Charley's. Many folks went out to Rick's; I headed home to get some sleep before this morning's Burns Park 10K, with Running Adrienne! We had a nice time catching up over a reasonably flat six mile course. Boyfriend Matt valiantly got himself out of bed to come cheer. Our families (including Adrienne's) all gathered for a huge breakfast at Cafe Zola, where we feasted on their delicious frittatas, omelettes and crepes.

Family members started leaving this afternoon. It was great to spend time with Matt's family, and it was nice for my mom to be able to meet them. I wished that my dad and sister had been able to join us as well, but we'll see them at my sister's college graduation in a couple of weeks!

Tonight I am relaxing with the tv and a nice long bath. :-) Hope the rest of you had similarly wonderful weekends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home