Saturday, June 23, 2007

Success!

This weekend is my first in town in six weeks... it's actually nice to have a couple of wide open days where I can study and watch tv until I fall asleep, rather than pack up, lug my books onto a plane, fly across the country and fly back just before Monday morning's class.

Yesterday, I celebrated by going to see Waitress with Mer and Alex. It was pretty cheesy, but also pretty cute. It was worth the $5 student ticket price. It was in my long list of movies to see, which also includes Knocked Up, You Kill Me, After the Wedding, and Ratatouille.

Then this morning, Alison, Jackie and I completed the Solstice 5K in Northville! We were very faithful in our training for the first few weeks, but as bar studying started to take over my life, I got worse about meeting them for our regular runs. However, this morning we came together again and successfully completed the whole thing with no walking. Doug and Matt (Alison's boyfriend and Jackie's husband, respectively) cheered us on to a fast finish.

Where is my Matt, you ask? Well, my Matt took off yesterday morning for his bachelor party in Vegas. He's as excited as he gets - he was grinning when I dropped him off at the airport. The last time he called, he was down a little money, but happy to be among his friends and the city he loves to visit.

Now I'm going to relax in front of one of my favorite guilty pleasures -- old Dawson's Creek DVDs, checked out of the library by Matt for me -- and work on learning Contracts, Property and Constitutional Law. Hope y'all are having similarly lovely days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home