Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pie!

A few weeks ago my friend Maren (aka: Boyfriend Matt's Roommate Mike's fiancee) kindly offered to teach me how to make pie. You see, we both bake for our boys pretty regularly. However, my "brownies from a box" were clearly outshone by Maren's homemade fruit pies. Also, I am always a little intimidated by pie making. The crust in particular freaks me out. The cold butter, the slicing and mushing, the scary warnings ("don't roll too long or dough will toughen and be ruined" - what the heck is too long?).

Maren has totally calmed all of these fears. I went over to apartment yesterday and she went through the process with me. Twice. We baked a blueberry pie and a cherry pie, and the results were spectacular and delicious. If only I weren't sick during the baking the afternoon would have been perfect. Anyhow, the real messages:

1) Thanks, Maren!
2) If anyone wants a pie, Steph's Pie Shop is now open for business. It's located in Ann Arbor for two days, and then will be moving to Chicago for the summer. Frankly, the cost of the pie is not money - just flattery. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home