Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Exciting week ahead

Fiance Matt and I have big plans this week. Tonight, we're going out to Gandy Dancer for a wonderful dinner out. Tomorrow night is our usual Top Chef viewing with Alison, Alex and Justin. On Thursday night, we're going to dinner at Amadeus (a delicious central European restaurant) with Jessica and Patrick; afterwards, we're going to see a play at the Performance Network. Friday night brings our conflict resolution retreat (we're required to attend as part of pre-marriage prep) and a game night at Alison's house. The retreat concludes on Saturday, and we also get to sample wedding food at Travis Pointe and have dinner with our friends Anne, Tim, and their new baby Joey.

In the meantime, I've got to get reading! Public health school has always been easier for me than law school. However, since I haven't had a class here in over a year, I've forgotten how much work there is to do. Law school is pretty slow going - some reading every day, a single test at the end of the semester. Public health school is constantly busy - group projects, tests, short papers, long papers... every time I go back and forth between the two I'm a little confused for a few weeks. This semester brings three public health classes and only one law class, so I'm getting readjusted.

As for past events, I just got back from a great weekend in DC with a bunch of college girlfriends. We flew in for Tricia's baby shower - her baby, Joey, will be born in early February. (Another friend, Em, is having a baby boy in June - also named Joseph. I guess that's the name of the year.) The weekend was lots of fun. Dinners, drinks, desserts, shower games and catching up with one another. The next time I see all of these people together might be my wedding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home