Monday, March 26, 2007

New member of the household

No, we are not getting a baby.

No, we are not getting a pet.

We got a chair.

This chair, in fact. We got a matching ottoman as well, but I'm unable to locate a picture of it online. When we get the chair moved and settled in, we will take its picture and post it just like proud parents.

This weekend, Matt and I went to Pier One. One of their local stores is going out of business, and we thought it might be nice to see if they had any napkin rings that match ours on sale. We could use a few more. But while browsing through the store, we discovered the chair. Comfortable, big enough to tuck your feet on, a color that goes with everything... we fell in love. However, since we weren't really in the market for furniture, we decided to step back for a day or two. The kind lady at the cash register overheard our conversation and suggested that if we liked the chair Saturday, we would like it even more on Monday.

Boy, was she right. I called the store today, and the chair/ottoman set that was almost $400 on Saturday was now $200.

Matt and I decided that we needed it. Alas, he's in Chicago for an interview, so I hopped on my pink 18 speed bike (man, I should get a new bike) and sped over to Pier One. I arrived, out of breath, and bought it. Tomorrow, when Matt gets back to town, we'll go pick it up.

If I'm this excited about a chair (our very first furniture purchase as a couple), I can't imagine when we get a cat. Or a baby. It's going to be madness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

I love the chair! It is quite similar to the style of our couch (same wooden feet and shape of cushion). How nice of the lady to tip you off for a good price!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home