Thursday, February 15, 2007

Successful retreat

Well, last weekend's retreat was long, but generally good. We learned about a few things we didn't know about and we talked about a few things we've never talked about. Even better, we made new friends who joined us for an awesome Japanese steakhouse dinner after the second session.

This week has been semi-productive. Matt and I have done a bunch of wedding stuff: we got our invitation drafts, we figured out the readings for the ceremony, and we're choosing names for our different tables. Today we're checking out limos. On my own, I probably would have just booked a limo over the phone, but my little wedding planning guide (and the lawyer in me) recommends seeing the specific limo you will be getting and writing it into the contract.

Last night Matt and I celebrated Valentine's Day at a Korean restaurant in town called Seoul Garden. We went to the same restaurant three years ago for our first Valentine's Day together. It was sweet to return together. We got gifts for each other. Nothing too romantic, but thoughtful things. I bought him brandy (he's started drinking it lately and really enjoys it, but we don't have any at home). He got me a subscription to US Weekly, a magazine I've been craving - a little embarassingly - for ages.

This weekend will bring much fun and exotic food. Tomororow night is My Birthday, Observed. We're having people over for Polish food and drink to celebrate. If you're in town, come by! On Saturday my old friend Mary will be in town and we're hanging out together. Sunday brings a Vietnamese dinner party - we're making pho, spring rolls, lettuce-wrapped meatballs and a mango/sticky rice dessert. Yum.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday/birthday observed!

amk

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

er, i mean, early birthday. right? d'oh.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

thanks for the birthday wishes! is that annette?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home