Thursday, July 12, 2007

Water & air

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but Matt went to Chicago a few weeks ago and found us a fantastic Lakeview apartment for us to live in for at least the next year. It's a two bedroom apartment, with a large sort of segmented living room/dining room. It has an awesome exposed brick wall and super high, wood beamed ceilings. We have a porch, too, where we'll be able to fit a table and a couple of chairs, and a gril. We're the only apartment on the fourth floor of a four story brownstone (no elevator, but we will get buff!) on a quiet street, so we'll no longer have to deal with loud upstairs neighboors or crazy street traffic. Also, we're only a block from the happening Clark/Diversey intersection, six blocks from the lake, and within a mile of Wrigley field. It's going to be a fantastic home.

The special highlights of the apartment, though, are the dishwasher and the central air. This will be the first time Matt's ever had a dishwasher -- in his entire life! He is so excited. I do most of the dishes around the house, so I'm pretty excited too. But I'm even more excited about the central air. Our single, tiny window unit in Ann Arbor doesn't even cool down the room it is in, much less the bedrooms and bathroom. I can't wait to have it. However, I realize I have no clue how to opoerate it. What temperature do people normally set their air at in the summer, and in the winter? Do they change it when they leave the house? All these new, grown-up considerations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home