Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday in the city

This weekend has been an amalgamation of fun and work. On Friday evening, Boyfriend Matt accompanied me to dinner at the home of one of my law firm's partners. The home was grand and beautiful, the catered dinner was delicious and it was especially nice to speak with the attorneys and their families outside of the office. The event accomplished its intended affect, at least with me: when we left, Matt and I were struck with the desire for me to make partner and have a giant house in the suburbs.

On Saturday morning, Matt and I got up early and hopped on our bicycles. We rode around town, hitting up two farmer's markets, the public library, the beach bike trail and the Wiener's Circle for lunch. I spent the afternoon working on a memo for work - a memo I have been struggling with for a week now. For dinner, we met up with a friend who was in town visiting and one of her friends, at a great little restaurant called Le Creperie. Nicole, Cynthia, Matt and I shared two bottles of wine while working our way through french onion soup, dinner crepes (chicken, tomatoes and goat cheese; broccoli and cheddar) and dessert crepes (bananas flambe and creme caramel, topped with a generous portion of ice cream). We worked our way to a local pub and ended the night at the Reichart Brothers Party, picking up more friends along the way.

Today has been less interesting - an hour long phone conversation with my helpful associate mentor regarding my memo and a trip to Panera, where I am working on the memo (and updating this). I'm looking forward to an evening of television: the finales of the Sopranos and Big Love are on tonight. Is anyone else as excited as I am? :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

Don't go writing about the finale of Big Love yet. I'm still behind and have a few episodes to go before I'm ready for the last episode. I'm sure it's awesome, though. You gotta love to hate Roman Grant!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

12:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks! Who are you? :-) And Goat... I'll do my best not to spoil you on Big Love.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home