Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend Road Trip

This weekend was a busy one! My mom came into town on Friday night, and she took Boyfriend Matt and me out to dinner at Bistrot Margot, a delicious French restaurant in Old Town. We enjoyed a nice bottle of red wine, a delicious appetizer that involved an artichoke filled with goat cheese fondue, great entrees and dessert, too!

On Saturday morning we headed up to Muskegon for my cousin Rachel's wedding. The wedding was beautiful. The bridesmaids dresses were unusual and very pretty - bright blue with pink ribbons and seams. At the reception, Boyfriend Matt, Mom and I got to catch up with some of my aunts and uncles. We drove back to Chicago that night, finally landing back at our apartment at 1 a.m.

We started today off right with breakfast at the Bongo Room, which is still my favorite (not too expensive) place to eat in Chicago. We drove through Wicker Park and down the Magnificent Mile, and then decided to spend the rest of the morning at the Old Town Art Festival. Mom treated me and Matt to a beautiful batik. We can't wait to have it framed! This afternoon we hit up Sam's Wine Store and a few other shops, and had a late lunch at Goose Island Brewery. Now Mom is gone, I'm doing some stuff for work, eating Thai food and enjoying a glass of Prosecco. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home