Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Best Boyfriend Ever

I arrived home yesterday after a long day of work, in a bit of an emotionally distressed state. Boyfriend Matt did his best to cheer me up, finally retreating to the other room to get me a 'mysterious present' that he'd apparently been stashing in there.

When he came back, I saw two things. The first was a little blue box (yes, THAT little blue box) with its signature white ribbon.

The second was an attached note that said "This is NOT an engagement ring" (emphasis in original). I think that was a very good idea, as Matt knows I have a bit of an overactive imagination. :-)

I opened the box to find a mesh silver ring from Tiffany, a ring I have been coveting for years and years. It's absolutely lovely. What a terrific out of the blue surprise. What a great boyfriend, eh?

In other news: the weekend was incredibly busy but awesome. It started with lunch with my friend Adam on Thursday, who was up from Champaign/Urbana. On Friday, two of my college dormmates arrived and we painted the town red. Erin and Kelly actually came into town for our friend Emily's bridal shower, which I hosted on Sunday, but more about that later. We started with dinner at Duffy's, then a little drinking/British Couplin, and we ended the night at Hogs and Honeys where both Erin and I rode the mechanical bull (Kelly and Boyfriend Matt refused). On Saturday we had breakfast at the beloved Bongo Room and ended up wandering the shops on Halsted for awhile. We spent part of the hot afternoon indoors with the air conditioning on, eating cheese and sushi and playing Euchre. (In a close game, Erin and Boyfriend Matt beat Kel and me.) We went over to Emily's house for a BBQ and then ended the night with a drink.

Sunday was Em's shower, and let me tell you, the shower would have been terrible if it weren't for the help of Boyfriend Matt, Kelly and Erin. Matt cooked us all breakfast in the morning (frittata and bacon - yum!), and then we started working and didn't stop until the first breakfast arrived. Kelly and Erin acted as errand runners, sous chefs for Matt, decorators, etc. I acted as the person panicking about the shower. Anyhow, the shower turned out beautifully, and I think everyone had a great time.

So, that's what is going on here. I'm off to admire my own mesh ringed finger! ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home